CoveritLive writing
The astonishing purple sky covered the frosty landscape.
we liked the word astonishing but try to describe purple
The aura of the royal purple sky covered the frosty landscape like a duvet.
wow! that was perfect try a different sentence
This is obviously one of the most successful pieces of feedback and response! They were very excited about using this - I had to remind them that it wasn't a group chat and I had to ban text speak! Overall, it went well for their first time.
After half of the class had written, I added a second image and they swapped roles. We ended with a final image where everyone could write and feedback as they wished.
I really love using this as a tool. Firstly, the children are engaged - they love the immediate focused feedback from their peers and they act on it. They can also see what everyone else has written and so are being exposed to all of the language and nuances their peers are using, all of which is available to magpie. They are also made aware of how often they forget capital letters and full stops, especially when they write on the blog (or is that just my class?) - their friends soon point it out! It also made me realise that we desperately need to go over 'our' and 'are' again...
You can see the entire thing on my class blog here: http://stwilliamsblogs.net/6h2017/2017/11/05/cover-it-live/
It shows every interaction so be warned! They were very excited, and also very impatient at times! We only practised writing individual sentences for today but longer pieces will be attempted next time. I also used it to do a quick survey on this week's Circle Time activity, in case you see it!
I always do a practice run with my class before we link up with another one. The excitement levels always go up when we link with another school but it makes them raise their game too! Let me know if you're interested in linking up and we can host. It's the perfect way to see it in action before trying your own event.
Also, get in touch if you want more information. Enjoy!
Comments
Post a Comment